Viewing: Notes » Feed me.
(2 minute read.)
I prefer Rss to a regular email newsletter.
My 'updates' page outlines various options for keeping-up with what's going on here.
I currently don't provide a regular email newsletter. (And have no plans to.)
Why? Surely a newsletter is a good thing?
Perhaps. And there's other ways of delivering and receiving such info.
Side-stepping the issue of whether newsletters are a genuine convenience to readers or simply a marketing ploy (and I've seen far too many of the latter)… there's other considerations which suggest that, despite their popularity, using a regular email newsletter to deliver updates and special offers might not be the best option.
- It requires extra time and money to produce and deliver.
- Many emails don't get delivered (caught by spam filters).
- Many don't get read (people are too busy).
- Unless the newsletter comprises exclusive info that's not available onsite, it's out of date when it arrives… perhaps a week/month old depending on the frequency of production.
- And if it's info that's not onsite, circulation is restricted because the number of people who receive it is only a fraction of website visitors.
So rather than send messages to a mailing list, I'll use these 'notes'…
Any and every update, news item, freebie, special offer, etcetera, that might have been included in an email newsletter will instead appear here.
And because anything added here is 'available everywhere, instantly', I'm able to spread info…
- Faster (than with a conventional a daily/weekly/monthly newsletter).
- And further (available to everybody rather than just those who're receiving email updates).
Of course, I still have to let whomever's interested know that there's new stuff…
So I encourage those who're interested to 'never miss a post…' and get updates as they're individually published.
And because such updates are also available by email, those who want to receive updates that way can easily do so.
This way, nobody loses-out and we gain by freeing-up the time and money which would have been spent on managing a newsletter.
Added November 12 2021.
ARCHIVE: View all (2) »
Never miss a Note… get updates by email or rss.